I’ve not seen or heard from anyone at Vobot in weeks. I have 2 pending “approvals” for my apps, and then after that I need to re-submit newer versions of the 4 I wrote. But I can’t send new ones until the other ones are approved and I can’t revoke the existing ones to replace with the new ones either.
I’ve emailed multiple times on here with zero replies.
I think they’re still operating but maybe quite limited. I actually found a new firmware was released about two weeks ago. I guess they are now short on staff to monitor the forum and maybe the store too.
This is getting stupid. STILL not approved my 2 deprecated apps to push up newer ones…
And to make matters worse, I noticed today my apps didn’t seem to be working right. I just checked and every one of them has lost their /app config settings somehow. I haven’t touched this box in weeks. it just sits here on my desk by my keyboard so i can VIEW the apps I made (for that very purpose). So something basically wiped the storage or something.
I think we need to assume the market is dead and find a way to make the device to continue to work on our own. Not sure if this forum can be accessed in the near future and for how long.
It’s absolute bullshit honestly. Unless every single person at the Vobot company died, someone should be on here telling us what’s up. And if the company did go out of business they should open source whatever is needed and hand it over to the community to continue. It’s just rude and disrespectful at this point to be AWOL and radio-silent all this time (for literally months), especially when there are folks who are just now able to build applications for this device thanks to AI “vibecoding” (case in point; I have 4 now)… What a slap in the face and a waste of my time and effort too in some ways. On the plus side, at least the apps aren’t dependent upon their Vobot servers to work (looking at you Chumby). So the apps I wrote were apps I specifically wanted/needed and literally the reason I bought this Vobot in the first place – so that I could write them (myself). But it is still incredibly unprofessional to just ghost everyone here. Even if they do come back; the damage is done now and the trust and confidence has eroded as their communication has been sub-optimal to say the least. They could at least say, “hey guys, we’re having some challenges but ….” to let us know something or anything is moving or dead in the water…